19 Mar Weekly Progress Report: 03/13-03/17
- Today is the first day back from Spring Break. Mr. Pirtle will have a week long effort of interviewing the prospective ISM students for next year, so all the students went to the library to do independent work. What I have on my plate was the Mentor Assessment assignment due this Friday.
- I brainstormed the central focus of the assessment taking from what I discussed with my mentor, which is about college and whether SP Jain School of Global Management is a viable option overall. Then, I messaged 20+ SP Jain students/alumni about my questions and their feedback from attending the school.
- Today I received a lot of the responses from the messages I sent out. Most SPJ students/alumni were very open about their experiences and often pointed out the honest pros and cons of the school.
- I also started formulating a blog for my responses, in the hope that I not only will help myself in deciding about college but others as well.
- I sent out a bunch more messages to other BBA students/alumni I found on LinkedIn. So far I’ve sent out 60+ requests to them, and I enjoy the process of receiving their responses.
- Today I organized all my responses and incorporated most of them into my blog. I also held the notes I took from the mentor interview I had with Jon and his suggestions of going to college. Overall, my outlook on SP Jain is positive as far as doing what I am doing and what I will be doing. Then, I combined both into my Mentor Assessment #1 and turned it in early.
- Interviews with SPJ students/alumni
- Mentor meeting
- Mentor Assessment #1
- Mentor Assessment #2
- Product Proposal
- SPJ Blog