28 Jan Weekly Progress Report: 01/23-01/27
- At the beginning of the class, we did an activity involving everyone getting into a circle and crisscrossing yarns that we each held (creating a yarn web) and played a game of bouncing a balloon using the yarn. A few things I learned from this exercise is first, a strategy for approaching the game is very important. As at the very first time we tried, we weren’t able to bounce the balloon for once without it falling to the ground through the holes of the yarn web. Immediately after, we changed our strategy for everyone to get closer so the yarn wouldn’t be as loose. And through trial and error, we had made the final progress of bouncing the balloon ~325 times without it hitting anything but the yarn and our head. Furthermore, we also learned the importance of setting a goal that can be accomplished through small steps, as we progressed from no success at all to bouncing it ~60 times, ~120 times, and finally ~325 times.
- This balloon exercise led to our main focus of the day. In which, we went over the standards and expectations of the Reflections/SMART Goals Presentation, as we will be presenting our progress in our final project. Mr. Pirtle also discussed the importance of setting SMART goals, which are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and timely goals that can be eventually obtained.
- Today I discussed the SMART Goal that I set for myself for this semester and in one year, to Mr. Pirtle. In which, I separated my goals into five categories of professional, financial, personal, health, and social goals. All the goals were quantifiable and specific enough that can also be achievable and measurable of my final results. For example, one of my health goals was to wake up at 6 AM every single day. So far I’ve been waking up at 7 AM for 21 days, and I started waking up at 6:30 AM since today, in the hope to reach 6 AM by the end of February. To help me execute this goal, I posted on my Snapchat story saying “if I didn’t post anything by 7 am, whoever snaps me before 9 am will get $5”. And I actually did pay someone as she caught me not placing a timestamp of 7 AM AND posted at 7:02 AM instead of 7 AM. Add me on Snapchat: jessy.ioi
- Internship: exploring eCommerce sites and building website for client
- Setting semester and one-year SMART goals
- SMART Goals Presentation
- Internship and Mentorship Meetings